An in-ground pool can be a worthy addition to any property. In addition to improving the appearance of your property, an in-ground pool can help you stay physically active. Whether you want to have a new pool installed or an existing one upgraded, hire a pool contractor in St. Louis for the job.
An experienced pool contractor brings a plethora of specialized knowledge to the table. They know how different types of swimming pools work and have mastered pool construction techniques.
All pool contractors, however, are not created equal. When looking for a trustworthy pool contractor, you may meet amateur pool builders masquerading as know-it-alls. They make tall claims but do not have what it takes to deliver the goods. Steer clear of such pool builders.
Here are some ways to choose a contractor worthy of your trust.
Before hiring an in-ground pool contractor, check their reputation. Visit the contractor’s profiles on different social media websites to see what people are talking about the business. Go to reliable, third-party review sites to read customer reviews. Check the business with the BBB.
If a family member or friend has just wrapped up a pool building project, talk to them about their experience working with their contractor. Ask them if
- The project was completed on time and on budget. If not, why?
- They are satisfied with the end product.
- The contractor’s crew maintained a clean job site.
- Their project hit a roadblock. If so, how did the contractor get it back on track?
Ask For Referrals
A reputable contractor would be more than willing to provide references. However, if a contractor does not provide you with references even after your repeated requests, walk away. Here are some questions to ask an in-ground pool contractor’s references.
- Were you provided with an estimate? Did the contractor explain the costs to you?
- Did the contractor stay on budget? If not, why? Were you apprised of the additional costs beforehand?
- Were there any delays? If so, why?
- Did they use a subcontractor? If yes, did the contractor have a plan to ensure seamless communication between the parties?
- Would you hire the contractor again?
Look For an Insured Contractor
Make sure the contractor you are considering has liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance. If you hire an insured contractor and someone on their crew gets injured while working on your property, the insurer will settle the claim and you won’t be held liable for damages.
Inquire About Maintenance Programs
You cannot install your pool and forget it. Pools need regular care and maintenance. A poorly maintained pool can become an eyesore and may also pose safety hazards. Before hiring a contractor, make sure they offer maintenance services. Understand what’s included in maintenance packages.
Some common tasks that contractors perform during pool maintenance are
- Deep cleaning
- Pool equipment inspection
- Pool water balancing (by adding chemicals if necessary)
- Debris removal (removing tree leaves and branches, pine needles and other floating debris)
- Pool vacuuming
H & H Pools is a renowned in-ground pool contractor in St. Louis. No matter how complicated your pool building or repair project is, we can handle it from start to finish. To learn more, call (636) 209-8449.